Thursday, October 9, 2008

Not so great October so far...

So this week has been stressful. We said goodbye to our good friends on Monday, they are now in Germany and hopefully getting settled soon. Arkansas is strangely different without them, and definitely more lonely.
Ian is getting ready to leave very soon. Only a few more days left. For me this is the hardest part of the entire deployment, The Waiting. Once he is gone it feels a little better, like I can start counting the days till he gets home. But hes been so busy with training and certifying that we haven't really had any time together yet.
We do have friends that have volunteered to watch the kids for a while on Friday night so we can have a date night. we haven't done that in a long time so we're excited.

I get alot of questions about how school is going..and really it isn't. Since Ive been on leave I only go in on Fridays for class and I feel a little out of the loop. The girls are on the floor all week and I envy them..I miss doing hair :o(
But I know that I'm in a place that I should be right now and I'll just have to play catch up later. Patience has never been my forte really...

One good thing that did happen this week though, is that I got to book the flight for my Mom and little brother, Kyleton, to come out for Christmas. They will be here from the 20th to the 30th of December and I couldn't be more excited. It gives me something to look forward to and that's just what I need right about now.
I have to say "thank you, thank you, thank you" to my Grandma for buying the tickets for them. Its the best Christmas gift ever for our family this year, and is very dearly appreciated.

We took more pics this last couple weeks that I'm posting for everyone. Laura and I took Sophia and Brodi up to the Old Mill for "Best Friend Pictures" before they left.
I also have some from our double "Going Away Party" for Ian and the Kelty's.
Thanks for reading!
Love you all..

The Girls Pictures



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket




Party Pictures...


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

laura said...

Aw my friend :( I'm so sorry that I have contributed to the bad start this month. If you didn't know it already, I'd rather not have left. We miss you guys so much. Sophia has been chatting away about Brodi and Trevan non-stop and I cry everytime I think about you. Boo :*(
I am hoping you and Ian have a great time out together Friday night and that the deployment goes by fast and is way easier than either of you are expecting. I am so so thankful that your mom and Kyleton are coming for Christmas! I love you and miss you more than you know! xoxoxo, laura

The Robbins said...

Tausha Brodi and Trevan are so cute!!! Brodi looks just like you! Sorry you are having a rough start to the month! Hang in there and call me if you need anything while Ian is gone, I would love to just chat and catch up sometime

M. Caroline Crosby said...

Not sure if you can add me on this thing, have one but don't use it. Sorry October isn't so hot for ya??!!