Sunday, October 12, 2008

I'll Keep this one short since it's pretty late.
We sent Ian off tonight, I think he had a little bit of a hard time since the kids were there this time (The last deployment was at 3am so the kids couldnt go)
We're all doing ok, although Brodi is having a much harder time than I thought she would. She cried all the way home and continued to cry all the way to her room.
We sat down and talked to a while though and I explained how we needed to help each other not to cry and to be happy when we're missing Ian. It must have helped because she calmed down, and when I was leaving the room she said "Mom, you sure make me happy."
And I thought that was sweet.
Anyway I will keep everyone posted on whats going and here and what we hear from Ian.
He should be in Balad soon, but we dont know when for sure.
Keep us in your thoughts, especially Ian and the kiddos.
We love you all!
XOxO

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

3 comments:

laura said...

Aw honey, I am so sorry :( This totally made me cry. Poor Brodi! She's getting so much older and understanding things so much more. Not only did Sophia leave, but then her dad just a week later. You KNOW I'm here for you. I'm keeping you guys in my prayers and hoping that you are all hanging in there okay. Just remember to stay busy and keep the kiddos busy too. Sean reminded me that we can ship care packages free to Ian from here APO to APO so let me know if there's anything he needs. Give the kiddos hugs for me and find someone to give you a hug for me too okay? I love you so much and miss you so much it's pathetic. xoxox, laura

Michael & Nikki said...

Hang in there Taush, I know your strong!! My husband just joined the National Guard, I definatley have mixes emotions about it, for this reason here... So I may be comin to you for some much needed advice and uplifting!! Love ya...

Holly said...

Ohhh, just seeing those pics of Ian with the kids makes me miss him-- and I only see him twice a year. (He is a good looking guy!) My kids are so proud of Uncle Ian. Cayden can't stop talking about him and is really excited to wear the same uniform as Ian for Halloween. We'll keep in touch frequently and send fun care packages to the kids. They'll think it's cool. You will all love and cherish each other more because of this experience.