Thursday, September 18, 2008

Support Our Troops

Deployments aren't easy..for anyone involved. Its going to be really hard for me to give up my husband to Iraq for 4 months. Its going to be really really hard for my kids to understand why daddy has to be gone for so long and that they can only talk on the phone. But what I find the absolute HARDEST is how to deal with those people that are totally against what my family is sacrificing for those 4-5 difficult months.
Today when I picked up Brodi from school I thought it would be fun to swing by sonic on the way home and get some drinks for everyone. While we were going through the front gate, We seen a group of protesters that call themselves "God hates Fags" (classy right?) Their posters read the most awful things about our troops, and while we're preparing for a deployment right now...it really hit home and made me upset.
It sucks that Ian is going over there for four months just to defend the rights that those people abuse in such a negative way. I made sure to tell Ian how proud of him I really am, and how much I really do support what hes doing, even though its hard for us.



So anyway..besides that fun part of the day, I went to school and learned how to roll perms. Super fun, haha. They definitely aren't easy though and we'll be on them for the next six weeks. I also decided to take a leave of absence from school for awhile until Ians deployment money starts coming in so we can afford daycare. probably mid-Nov. But I think I could really use the break anyway.Its been a stressful month, and I cant wait to send more time with the kids.
Anyway! Hope everyone is doing well...Love you all.
XOxO

2 comments:

Rudloff Rascals said...

Love the blog!! We love and miss you all!! We agree with you about supporting our troops. Who in there right mind would say, "Hey I think I'll go fight in a war today. Just to get away from the wife and kids." Ian we are so proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!
Love, Jason, Jamie, Joey & Jacob

laura said...

Hi my dear friend... I am so with you on this. Those people are so hateful and demented... I really can't even imagine why anyone in their right mind would think protesting like that in front of the base where all these military members and their families drive by is okay. I love you and just know that no matter how far away we will be I am ALWAYS here for you... especially through deployments. I hate that I can't be there in person to help you pass the time, but just know that I'm always here to talk and listen. I LOVE YOU TO PIECES TAUSHA!!!!!!!!
<3, laura