Thursday, March 25, 2010

Oh Korea

Well, I know that it has been way too long since I last wrote anything on here. (mostly its because I am HORRIBLE at spelling and English. sorry mom.) :)

I dont know how many people know but I am in the Republic of South Korea. It was crazy getting here. I had to fly to Atlanta, was stuck in the airport for 12 hrs, and then took a straight 15 hr flight to wonderful Korea. When I got here I had no clue where to go, everything was in Korean, and as you can guess, I have no clue how to read it, luckily there were lots of people that had the “where do I go” look, so I just kinda followed them and it took me to the passport check-in and one of the longest lines I have been in for a while. After I got my bags I pretty much had to swim thrue all the people to get to the armed forces desk to catch my bus. I went from Incheon air port to Osan AB, two hrs later I was in my hotel room off base (on base rooming was full because the people we were replacing werent gone yet) it was ok but the nicest thing about it was the super hight tech toilet. The day I got to work we started 12hr shifts in prep for the Unit Compliance Inspection (UCI) that is coming up. (just my luck) I did get a room though, my suite mate is my old neighbor from Little Rock. Things arent too different here. I mean, other than the people are short, talk funny, and smell like Kemchi. Other than that though things are ok here. It really sucks to be away from my family for so long though, I miss them a lot. The other day I was walking into the BX and a lady there was holding here baby and just as I walked in she started kissing its cheak and for some reason I got really mad at it like she was trying to rub it in. well, I was mad at the moment, later I laughed at my self. Haha well any way things are going good here so far, we are off of twelves but will have to work next weekend, just to clean the shop and give things a quick once-over becuause the UCI starts a week from Monday. I got a new camera but every time I think I should take a pic of something I don’t have my camera but I should have some up this weekend, honest.

3 comments:

Michael & Nikki said...

Your IN Korea?? How scary, I would of felt so lost not knowing where to go and all.. How long are you there?? And I can't wait to see pictures!! BE SAFE!!! xoxoxo

Ian&Tausha said...

Nikki you do know that its just Ian in Korea right? no way am i there! :) He posts things on here randomly...its usually just me but this was his post. im in Ogden for a year. then off to germany woopwoop :)

JennMac said...

so you told us about your visit to Korea Ian but now you and Tausha need to tell us about how Germany is going. and check out my blog every onece in a while I am working on keeping people up on what is going on with mason and I love you guys and miss you ton